Quite evidently, this asana requires the practitioner to hold the body on both the elbows consequently, assuming the shape of a peacock. This yoga asana belongs to a greater level of yoga asana and therefore, may not be practiced by initial time yoga professionals. Apart from the manifold advantages of this asana, it enhances balancing.
Mayurasana can be risky or hazardous as it requires a certain amount of physical power to be achieved. If you’re a first time yoga practitioner, you might find it close to impossible to execute the mayur yoga asanas. If you have to try the asana, take action under the supervision of a qualified yoga instructor so that you understand how precisely you need to go through each step of the mayur yoga asanas.
Here are the steps to perform the Mayurasana pose:
- Kneel on the ground with the knees wide open. Sit on your heels
- Lead forward while pressing your palms against the floor. Ensure that your fingers point at the back of your chest or the thumbs point out to the opposite side
- Gently bend the wrists to form a right angle whilst slipping the knees and move to the external direction when moving your palms forward
- Bend over the front chest against the rear of the arms and burrow the elbows below the navel or down into the abdomen
- Utilize the knee strap to steer clear of the elbow from sliding
- Place strain of the body on the elbow. Lift your body parallel to the floor when putting full effort and concentration
- Hold this position for about 30 seconds to get the best results and repeat the procedure a few days before rebounding
The Mayurasana is one of the most well-known yoga exercises which helps you awaken the Kundalini Shakti and strengthen the semen of one’s body. The yoga asana has several health benefits, especially when done frequently. If performed regularly with a woman, the Mayur yoga asanas ensure a seamless flow of menstrual cycle. In any case, Mayur Yoga asanas offer instant relief from abdominal pain or difficulty, chronic back pains, obesity, constipation and other digestive issues.