In recent times, public conscience has been shaken up by images of tons of plastic products, tubes and creams, lotions, toothbrushes and micro vinyl being culled from the gut of dolphins and sperm whales who wash ashore dead out of the toxicity of the plastic brewing within their own bodies.
And in all of this, if you are wondering what can your contribution maintain reducing this great number of plastic contamination and saving our oceans, now you can do your bit to save the planet by just making easy conscious decisions, especially when it comes to beauty care. Here are a couple tips on how to make environmentally friendly and environmentally friendly ethical decisions in regards to your skincare routine. Bonus tips to earn green masks to get the perfect natural glow of goodness and general Ayurvedic strategies for a great skin. You will not lose out on the compounds on your beauty care regime now.
1. Lookout for Greenwashing
Greenwashing is when a company pulls the wool over your eyes advertising as’eco’ or’green’. ‘Made with natural ingredients’ does not necessarily indicate that it’s good for you or the environment. Look past the labels, dig deeper, ask questions.
2. Go green with all the natural healing and wellness systems like Ayurveda that have stood the test of time
With Ayurveda, you get beauty that comes from within — an inner outer beauty equilibrium. More Ayurveda hacks for holistic attractiveness (while being environmentally conscious!)
A neat cleaning trick for neck and face
Mix 4 teaspoons besan, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp yoghurt plus a pinch of turmeric to a paste. Apply over face and throat.
Benefits of the pack
Moisturise your face with coconut oil — it’s mild, soothing and cool. You can try ghee as well. Dry and irritated skin will calm down with a natural castor oil mask. Excess oil?
Nothing will lift your spirits as much as a rosewater spray! It smells lovely, feels cool and can be used many times a day. An easy method to get soft, supple skin.
- Slice up half a ripe banana, mash completely
- Stir in 2 tbsp oats and 1 tsp honey
- Massage this mixture in Your skin
- Let it stay for Approximately 20 minutes
- Wash off with warm water
- Benefits of this mask
- Removes blemishes
- Damages kin repair
- Cheers up exhausted, inflamed skin
- Has epidermis fostering vitamins
- Adds an instant glow
- A compound free bleach
Save your skin and save your soul by dumping the chemical bleaches. Here’s a natural bleaching mask to give you all the glorious advantages of a chemical bleach.
- Take yoghurt and tomato juice in equal quantities
- Mix thoroughly
- Apply over neck, face and other affected areas.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes
- wash off it with warm water.
- Try this every two days until you are delighted with the outcomes.
- For acne removal, try a Tulsi mask!
- Make a paste with a few tulsi leaves and some orange peel powder.
- Apply and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes
- Wash off it
- The advantages include
- Banishes acne marks
- Pampers a bloom into your own skin
Neem oil dots for stains
Apply neem oil right on pimples and inflamed spots, leave overnight. It dries up the area but is’cool’ about it.
Allow aloe vera into your life
Aloe vera is known for pacifying sunburns. But that is not all. It makes the skin smooth, supple and younger looking. You are able to use it topically or sip it into a juice.
- Top general suggestions from Ayurveda for great skin
- Get your 7 hour shut-eye at nighttime
- Guzzle lots of warm water through the day
- Add fresh buttermilk and tender coconut water on your to-drink listing
- Tank up on plenty of sweet, succulent fruits
- ‘Feed’ skin. Almonds and walnuts are superfoods
- Seeds are superfoods too.
3. Microbeads are a no no
Microbeads are miniature exfoliating non-biodegradable plastic bits found in face washes and toothpastes. Not so good for you and completely terrible for the environment. These tiny little plastic culprits slide into oceans and lakes, where they are wreak havoc on whole marine ecosystems. As per a Toxics Link study, 50 percent of those facewash products and 67 percent of the facial lotions are found to contain microbeads, and many commonly found is polythylene.
4. Reduce, reuse, recycle
There are rugs of plastic debris in our oceans which are so enormous, they may be observed from space. Stay away from plastic as far as possible — change to refillable options. Check to see if the company accepts empty jars and bottles for recycling.